Increasing demand in recent years highlights a growing need for qualified personnel to work with young children as Early Childhood Educators. The program includes training in all of the major areas required for Early Childhood Educator Certification. In addition to observation and supervised practica, observation assignments are integrated into coursework in order to ensure a balanced combination of theory and practice starting from the very first module.
This program is designed to prepare students for a dynamic and challenging career as an Early Childhood Educator. Students are taught classroom management, guiding and caring, lesson and
curriculum planning, and child growth and development. Students are taught to care for the child as a whole and to encourage child development in their students.
The modular format of the Vancouver Career College ECE Program gives students a distinct advantage in pursuing this career. Students can apply for an assessment letter to become an Assistant through the Early Childhood Education Registry upon completion of one of the following modules: Child Growth and Development I (ECE1130), Guidance, Caring and Behaviour Management (ECE1150), Health. Safety and Nutrition (ECE2160), Program Planning & Implementation (ECE2170) or Communication and Interpersonal Relationships (ECE1120). Students can then work or volunteer part-time as they are training to complete the additional 500 hours of experience in the field required for licensing.
Employment opportunities in this field exist in both the profit and non-profit sectors and include day care centers, parent-participation preschools, nursery schools, integrated day cares preschools and family service centers.
• Applicants must possess a high school diploma or meet the requirements for mature student status;
• Applicants must successfully pass the Vancouver Career College Admissions Test;
• Applicants must complete a short essay on their motivation to study in the ECE program;
• Applicants must submit three (3) personal letters of reference with their application;
• Applicants must provide evidence of a minimum of twenty (20) hours of work with children;
• Applicants must submit to a Schedule F Criminal Record check prior to their acceptance into the program, the cost of which will be borne by the Applicant;
• Applicants must submit a physician’s note of good health (including TB clearance) prior to their acceptance into the program, the cost of which will be borne by the Applicant. A note of good health on a physician’s prescription pad is sufficient;
• Applicants must be interviewed by the ECE Coordinator prior to their acceptance into the program. At the discretion of the ECE Coordinator, a telephone interview may be sufficient.
Certification Received - Early Childhood Education Certificate
Тук се предлагат програми по:
Последна актуализация November 2, 2017